Workshop "Climate Politics in Small European states", Dublino, 1-2 Giugno 2016
The University oF Dublin City organized a workshop on "Climate Politics in Small European states", which brings together scholars from the social sciences to present draft papers for a special issue on climate politics in small European states. The papers cover a range of small European states, including Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Belgium, Austria, and the Czech Republic.
The workshop will take place in Dublin on 1-2 June 2016 and includes also a high-level policy roundtable at 16:00 on Wednesday 1 June. This roundtable will include contributions from a range of policy-makers, including:
- H.E. Ambassador Carsten Søndergaard (Embassy of Denmark)
- Eamon Ryan T.D. (Leader of the Green Party)
- Julie O'Neill (Chair of the board of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland)
- John O'Neill (Principal Office with responsibility for Climate Change Policy, Department of Communications, Climate Change and Natural Resources, TBC)
- Dr. Matthew Crowe (Director of the Office of Evidence & Assessment, Environmental Protection Agency).
The roundtable will be followed by a reception.
The workshop is organised by Dr. Diarmuid Torney (Dublin City University), Dr. Conor Little (University of Copenhagen) and Prof. Neil Carter (University of York). It is supported financially by the Environmental Protection Agency, the University Association for Contemporary European Studies (UACES), the Irish Association for Contemporary European Studies (IACES), and Dublin City University School of Law and Government.
The full programme of the workshop and further information at the link below.